Evergreen Rapid Transit Line
This project displays the versatility and efficiency of all of SWC’s divisions – ground improvement techniques, shoring and excavation, and civil works.
The SNC-Lavalin – Graham Construction Joint Venture, SGJV, required three phases of shoring and excavation beneath eight lanes of arterial road to establish the launch pit for the Evergreen Line Tunnel Boring machine in Port Moody, BC.
Scope of work
- Excavation volume: ~22,000 cubic yards
- Excavation depth: 23′ – 48′
- Shoring wall area: ~18,800 square feet
- Shoring anchors: 635 anchors totaling 19,304′ (T40/20, IBO, fiberglass)
- Jet grout columns: 86 columns, drilled to 62′ depth, jetted to 46′ depth; varying diameters of 1m – 3m dependent on soil conditions
- Secant piles: 66 reinforced secant piles and 86 unreinforced soldier piles; 900mm diameters, with varying depths of 20′ to 65′
- Utility support: 50 foot span supporting sanitary and gas mains
- Civil works: raising of 300mm water main and 450mm sanitary sewer, re-alignment of Barnet Hwy
December 1, 2013
SNC Lavalin-Graham JV
Port Moody, BC
Ask us how we can work together to advance your heavy construction goals. From shotcrete shoring, jet grouting and bulk excavation, to underground utility installation, road building, hydraulic drilling for tiebacks, seismic anchors, and micropiles, SWC is synonymous with quality, reliability and innovation.